Sablet is situated in the Vaucluse on the Côtes du Rhône route thus surrounded by a number of gastronomic events and activities (wine, taste and truffle days, gastronomic restaurants).
- Archaeological sites: Vaison La Romaine.
- Places of interest: The Ventoux (mountain) with its botanical circuit, faun and flora. The Dentelles de Montmirail (peaked mountains) 3km from Sablet. Avignon: The bridge ( unfinnished) Benezet, Pope’s Palace, old walled town. The Luberon’s perched villages. The Camargue.
- Roman sites: Le Pont du Gard, Arles, Nîmes and Orange.
- Sporting activities: Numerous foot and cycle paths, canoe and kayak. Walks along the Toulourenc river. Tennis, bowls and climbing at the Dentelles de Montmirail.
- Cultural activities: Theatre: The Avignon festival in July, at the Antique Theatre in Vaison.
- Music: The Chorégies d’Orange (opéra etc Antique Theatre), Les Choralies at Vaison la Romaine. The Aix en Provence festival, the Jazz festival at Vaison.
- Books: Book day at Sablet ( 110 writers).
GPS : E 005°00’18’’